GB north Ireland Regional issue

• worldphila

318 messages

Israel

Dear members
    Can you tell me about the difference between type SG N143 I and type N143a II of the 17P North Ireland regional issue?
    I have found that type II worth 130 Pounds as mint and used.
    I have an old SG catalogue.

Thanks
  • worldphila

318 messages

Israel

Dear members
    Can you tell me about the difference between type SG N143 I and type N143a II of the 17P North Ireland regional issue?
    I have found that type II worth 130 Pounds as mint and used.
    I have an old SG catalogue.

Thanks
    • Created on 29 Apr 2024 at 14:47
    A better scanning
  • moonstone

989 messages

United Kingdom

The 2 types of Northern Ireland definitives refer to the size of the line of 'pearls' at the top of the crown above the Red Hand motif at top left of the stamp.

If the pearls are small and quite separate, then it is type I. In the redrawn version, they are large and almost or actually touching, they are Type II

Your scan is much too small to see these differences, you would need to do individual scans at about 500dpi to be able to see the differences, if any, clearly - the 3rd stamp is a 14p value, not a 17p. by the way
  • worldphila

318 messages

Israel

The 2 types of Northern Ireland definitives refer to the size of the line of 'pearls' at the top of the crown above the Red Hand motif at top left of the stamp.

If the pearls are small and quite separate, then it is type I. In the redrawn version, they are large and almost or actually touching, they are Type II

Your scan is much too small to see these differences, you would need to do individual scans at about 500dpi to be able to see the differences, if any, clearly - the 3rd stamp is a 14p value, not a 17p. by the way
    • Created on 30 Apr 2024 at 04:46
    Many thanks for your perfect answer.
    I'll scan at a higher resolution.
  • worldphila

318 messages

Israel

Many thanks for your perfect answer.
    I'll scan at a higher resolution.
    • Created on 30 Apr 2024 at 07:23
    A new higher resoluion
  • crazyrebel

47 messages